Form 8868 is a two part IRS tax extension form that you can e-file via ExpressExtension.com and receive an automatic 3 month extension of time to file your Exempt Organization Tax Return (aka return from the Form 990 series). If the initial 3 month extension is not enough time, you can file Part II of Form 8868 for an additional 3 month extension.
- Part I - Automatic 3 Month Extension of Time
- The first time you e-file Form 8868 you will receive an automatic extension of time to file once your return is accepted. If you are filing for an extension for Form 990-T, you will receive an automatic extension of 6 months.
- Part II - Additional (non-automatic) 3 Month Extension of Time
- You will only file Part II if you file Part I and still need additional time to file.
E-filing Form 8868 with ExpressExtension.com
The actual e-filing process is simple and there are helpful prompts to guide you. It will save you time if you have everything you need before you file, including:
- Business/organization name
- Estimated amount of tax owed t the IRS (if any)
- The name of the form you use to file your Exempt Orgnization Income Tax Return (990, 990-EZ, 990-T, etc.)
Once you have all the information together and you're signed into your ExpressExtension account, just choose to e-file Form 8868. Our guided prompts show you where to input all your information.
If you have any questions about e-filing Form 8868 with ExpressExtension.com, contact the ExpressExtension Support Team via phone: 803-514-5155 or email: email@example.com