Nonprofit and Exempt Organizations can use IRS Form 8868 to apply for more time to file their exempt organization return. This form is a little unique in that it is divided into two separate parts.
- Part I: Automatic 3-Month Extension of Time - this is the initial extension where once accepted by the IRS, you will automatically receive an additional 3 months to file. When you need additional time, you will file Part II.
- Part II: Additional 3-Month Extension of Time - this is the second part of the form that can be filed after Part I when more time is needed to prepare your return. The additional extension is not automatic and is determined by the IRS.
E-filing From Your Mobile Device
ExpressExtension has taken the traditional tax extension paper document and created a condensed series of simple questions for an easy e-file process, making it ideal for using a mobile version. All you need to complete a tax extension is some basic information:
- Business/Organization name, address, EIN/FEIN
- Estimated amount of tax owed to the IRS (if any)
- The type of tax form that you normally file your income tax return on (ex. 990, 990-EZ, 990-T).
Not all locations are computer/laptop friendly, but have no fear, ExpressExtension Mobile is here!
From this mobile site, you can e-file your exempt extension return in minutes and enjoy 3 months of additional time to file. The entire process is pretty quick and if you have the information listed above beforehand, you'll be all set. Contact the ExpressExtension support team if you have any questions about e-filing Form 8868.
E-filing Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N (e-Postcard)
You don't have paper file your Exempt Income Tax Return anymore. Our partners at Express990.com have worked closely with the IRS to provide you e-filing of
- Form 990 (available soon)
- Form 990-EZ
- Form 990-N
E-filing these forms is a major game changer because it saves you so much time and you don't have to stress about where information goes or if your pen leaks all over the place. Express990 provides guided prompts that take you from start to finish and you can stop at any time and your information will be saved until you return.