Today is “Deadline Day” for exempt organizations! If you haven’t gotten around to filing your tax-exempt return with the IRS, you still have until Midnight local time to file either your 990 series form or IRS Form 8868 to extend your due date.
For those of you who have yet to start filling out IRS Form 990/990-EZ, your best option is to e-file Part I of Extension Form 8868 - it’ll give you an automatic 3-month extension to file your return while also avoiding any late-filing IRS penalties. ExpressExtension.com makes tax extensions as easy as can be. You’ll create a FREE account on our site and quickly file with these steps:
- Click “Create Exempt Organization Tax Extension”
- Enter your Organization’s Details
- Select your Tax Year Period
- Choose which Extension Form you need (Part I)
- Pick which tax return you regularly file (990/990-EZ, 990-PF, 990-T, etc.)
- Authorize and transmit to the IRS