If you are entertaining the idea of filing a personal tax extension with ExpressExtension.com, then you have came to the right blog. There are three main reasons for e-filing tax extension Form 4868 that may persuade you, and then there are…other reasons. Sounds a little mysterious don’t it? Guess you will have to keep reading to find out.
Top 3 Reasons to File Personal Tax Extension Form 4868 with ExpressExtension.com
1. If You Have Missing or Inaccurate Information
Personal Tax Extension Form 4868 can provide you the extra time to file if you haven’t received your return yet, and aren’t sure that you will have it by the April 15th deadline. It’s not completely uncommon for information returns to arrive a little later than expected. Another common occurrence that improved with a tax extension is to receive your return with inaccurate information and you have to start the process of correcting it.
2. Schedules and Bad Timing
If you put off filing your personal tax return until the last minute, chances are you won’t be able to complete your return on time. And when you are stressed out because you are rushing yourself it is really easy to make mistakes on your return. You definitely don’t want to make mistakes on your return; oh, the horror of IRS penalties.
Sometimes a major life even happens and you know you won’t be able to complete your return by the deadline. A tax extension will instantly relieve your filing stress and allow you to focus on more important things that demand your attention.
If you will be out of town or out of the country during tax season, filing a tax extension will leave you with one less thing to worry about. You don’t even need your tax return to e-file Form 4868 with ExpressExtension and to make e-filing from any location even easier, download the Express4868 App – available on App Store and Google Play.
The Other Reasons
I love to have a bit of fun with tax blogs and show that tax-humor can exist in more than Calc-U-Later jokes (I still love that scene in Parks & Rec). Your reasoning to e-file a personal tax extension doesn’t have to fit into the ones listed above. Honestly, it can be whatever reason because you are not required to explain why you need a tax extension when filling out a return. Some off-wall-reasons could be:
– It’s March Madness and if my team doesn’t take it in the finals I will most definitely be too depressed to do much of anything until May.
– You misplaced your return in that stack of important documents you have been collecting for the past few months.
– You need to protect your Ultimate Procrastinator title.
– Because your accountant said to
– You asked your parents to help you file your taxes and they gave up as soon as you pulled out the receipts.
– An audit put you on the path of revenge and your evil plot is to file 6 months later…muahahaha
– April is the only month you could take a vacation and you won’t let tax deadlines ruin your happiness.
– It’s your birthday – Happy Birthday!!
– You used the money you were going to pay your accountant to book a beach trip, and you got a killer discount!
– If you have ever said this phrase – See, what had happened was…
– And the classic reason – your dog ate your tax return.