E-file Form 8809 with ExpressExtension

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow - because the IRS tax deadline is tomorrow! And if your business has yet to e-file its 1099s or W2s with the IRS, you have until midnight local time to successfully e-file on time. But if you need more time to file, you should go ahead and e-file a tax extension for IRS information forms RIGHT NOW!

ExpressExtension is your perfect online solution for e-filing tax extension forms directly to the IRS. And it’s so simple - you can literally be done in minutes, and have your approval and extended time. We’re the best in the e-filing industry, and here’s how we make e-filing tax forms easy for you.

We are officially authorized and recognized by the IRS as a trusted e-file provider. We work close with the IRS in order to offer you a safe, secure, and accurate e-filing experience that will save you time and money.

Professional, US-based Support
You never have to tackle e-filing with the IRS alone - our technical and support teams know the e-filing process better than anyone in the industry. And best of all, there are no extension numbers or phone menus to stress over - simply call us, and speak with a live person.

Peace of Mind
In this digital era, we understand how imperative it is to keep your information safe and secure online. With ExpressExtension, our site is encrypted, Comodo HackerSafe certified, and protected by SSL/TLS AES 256 bit Encryption. The only entity that receives your information is the IRS, and no one else.

Tax Pro Assistance

We support tax professionals, the competition doesn’t - simple as that. ExpressExtension can be used for multiple clients - all under one account! And you can also take advantage of our discounts for tax professionals.

Expert Knowledge
ExpressExtension is e-filing made simple, and that’s because we guide you through the e-filing process step by step with contextual help bubbles and support text. We also offer helpful, yet entertaining, guide videos if you need further assistance - or give our live support team a call.

Yeah, you probably can find e-filing services all throughout the Internet. But you’ll be hard pressed to find a better combination of tax savvy professionalism and value-based pricing elsewhere. With this level of quality and price, ExpressExtension is always the answer!

After you’ve got your extended time to file, visit our affiliate site, ExpressIRSForms, to e-file your 1099s and W2s as easily as you just filed your extension. Remember, Form 8809 can only grant you 30 extra days - you must file your information forms with the IRS before the extended deadline to avoid penalties.

Our live, US-based support team is ready to assist when needed. Contact us at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. EST. You can also utilize our 24/7 email assistance at

Read More »

Extension for Information Returns

Though the deadline for business tax returns and extensions has passed, we’re still in thick of tax deadlines if your business has employees or independent contractors. If you still need to file IRS information returns before the March 31 deadline, don’t panic! ExpressExtension has your business completely covered with Form 8809, Application for Extension of Time To File Information Returns.

Who Has to File?
Any businesses that are required to file 1099s, W2s, or ACA Forms for their employees can e-file a Form 8809 before the March 31 deadline to receive an automatic 30-day extension. ExpressExtension offers a simple and secure e-filing system so you can instantly get your approval!

Extension Filing Deadlines
Generally, the e-filing deadline for 1099s, W2s, and ACA Forms is March 31 - for Form 1042-S, the deadline is March 15, and for Form 5498, May 31 is the due date. You can find our complete list of e-filing deadlines on our website.

Important: Since the inclusion of Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting this tax season, the original deadline for e-filing Form 1094 and 1095 has already been extended by the IRS to June 30. Because of this nationwide extension, individual 8809s for ACA forms will NOT be accepted by the IRS. You must have your ACA forms e-filed by June 30 - there will be no further extension. Whenever the ACA e-filing deadline reverts back to March 31, an extension form can be e-filed if necessary.

Late Filing Penalties
You won’t incur any IRS penalties if you file either the actual tax return or the extension form before the deadline; however, if you fail to file either forms on time, you could get hit with these penalties:
  • $30 per information return if you correctly file within 30 days after the deadline; maximum penalty $250,000 per year, and $75,000 for small businesses
  • $60 per information return if you correctly file more than 30 days after the deadline, but before August 1; maximum penalty $500,000 per year, and $200,000 for small businesses
  • $100 per information return if you correctly file after August 1, or if you don’t file at all; maximum penalty $1,500,000 per year, and $500,000 for small businesses
Reminder: If you plan on e-filing an extension, it must be done before, or on, the original deadline. Once the deadline date has passed, you must file the actual return as soon as possible - you cannot e-file an extension after the deadline.

With ExpressExtension, you can quickly and easily e-file your Form 8809, and in minutes, you can receive your approval - you won’t even need to provide a reason why you need the extension. After getting your extra 30-days, head on over to our affiliate site, ExpressIRSForms, where you can create a FREE account, and start e-filing your IRS information forms.

For any questions or assistance with e-filing your tax extension, don’t hesitate to call our live, US-based customer support at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. We also offer 24/7 email messaging at

Read More »

Joint Filing for Couples

If you recently got married within past few months, then you’re probably still getting adjusted to the formal changes of being a married couple. One of the most important of those formal changes is tax information.

As a newly married couple, it’s important for the both of you to be aware of properly updating your tax information - doing so can save you valuable time and money, or even help you avoid a missing refund check. Here are a few steps from the IRS about keeping your tax information current and joint filings.

Step #1 - Correct Names & Numbers
If your recent marriage included a name change, you should make it a priority to notify the Social Security Administration, and update your Social Security card. Correct names and identification numbers are required to claim personal exemptions, or the Earned Income Tax Credit, on your tax return. To easily apply for a new Social Security card, simply file Form SS-5.

Step #2 - Submit Change of Address
With marriage, there’s often a new residence or change of address that is involved. And the U.S. Postal Service will need to know of this change to properly forward any tax refunds or IRS correspondence to your new address. Though the Postal Service can relay your updated address to the IRS, you can notify the IRS yourself with either Form 8822, or by submitting the following to where you last file your tax return:
  • Full Name
  • Old & New Address
  • Social Security Number
  • Signature
Reminder: Don’t forget to inform your employer about name and address changes - you’ll need current information to be on your W-2s.

Step #3 - Anticipate your Refund Check
If it’s been confirmed that you’re getting a tax refund, then be on the lookout for it. Every year the IRS receives thousands of refund checks marked undeliverable because of incorrect addresses. If your tax refund hasn’t been properly delivered, then something may have gotten lost when updating your information.

The IRS has this feature, appropriately named “Where’s My Refund,” if you need to know the status of your check, or you can contact their refund hotline at (800) 829-1954. For a refund that you know has been marked undeliverable you can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040 to reissue the check.

Step #4 - File the Right Forms
As married taxpayers, you and your spouse may now have enough deductions to itemize on a tax return. There are certain things you both might have paid for throughout the year that can reduce your taxable income such as medical care, mortgage interest, contributions, casualty losses, and miscellaneous costs. To claim itemized deductions, you must file Form 1040.

Step #5 - File with the Correct Status

Based on your marital status, you can choose to file either separately or jointly. Whatever your status is as of December 31 will determine if you can file as married or not for the filing year. You can save a lot of time and money - not to mention avoiding penalties - by choosing the appropriate filing status:
  • Married Filing Jointly - A joint return, which allows spouses to combine their income and to deduct combined deductions and expenses on a single tax return. The form must be signed by both spouses, and each are equally responsible for the information filed.
  • Married Filing Separately - Separate tax returns in which each spouse is only responsible for their own tax form. Each is taxed on their own individual income, and can only claim deductions and credits that individually apply to them; however, if one spouse itemizes deductions, the other will have to as well.
Being up to date with your tax information is critical; any mistakes, big or small, could lead to penalties, or even worse - no delivery of your tax refund. Get more time to double-check, or get all your tax info together, with a personal tax extension from ExpressExtension. If filing jointly, you and your spouse can get an automatic 6-month extension from one form. It’s quick, it’s easy, and you can even e-file with our FREE downloadable app for iOS and Android devices.

For any questions or assistance with e-filing an extension form, give our live, e-filing experts a call at (803) 514-5155. We’re available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, or email us 24/7 at

Read More »

Reporting Gratuities to the IRS

For those of you who are regularly employed in the restaurant or service industry, you already know how customary tips are taxable income. If you’re new to the service profession, either as a part-time, full-time, or seasonal worker, you should be aware that it is your responsibility to report income from tips on your personal tax return.

You are required by the IRS to report direct tips, charged tips paid by your employer, and any shared tips under an employer’s tip-pooling arrangement. Even if you receive cash tips directly from a customer, you must report it to your employer in order to properly withhold taxes - like Social Security or Medicaid.

As mentioned earlier, tip income is taxable income, which is required to be reported during tax season. Here are some “tips” from the IRS about how to properly report.

Keep a Daily Tip Record
A daily tip record will help maintain and track your compliance with the IRS requirements, and more importantly, it will suffice as proof of your tax income. Any tips that you receive - cash, debit, credit, or check - have to be reported monthly to your employer. The only exception is if you happen to make less than $20 in tips for that month.

Report Tips to Employer
There are a number of ways in which you can report your tips to your employer. The IRS can supply you with a Form 4070, Employee’s Report of Tips to Employer; this can be used to report tips when they are due - the 10th of every month. You’ll be reporting tips collected, in full, for the previous month.
If you can’t get a Form 4070, you create your own written statement or tip report with the following information:
  • Month or time period the report covers
  • Total tips received for that time period
  • Employer’s name, address, and business name
  • Employee’s name, address, and Social Security Number (SSN)
Be sure that your report is signed and dated - you’ll also want to keep a copy for your own records as well.

Important: Your tip report or statement can only cover a period of one full month; however, employers may require you to report your tips numerous times per month.

IRS Penalties
If you fail to report tip income, you could be charged 50% of the Social Security, Medicaid, or any other retirement taxes owed through unreported tips - in addition to other taxes owed. You can appeal the penalty by proving reasonable cause with a statement attached to your tax return as to why you didn’t report your tips.

Reporting Tips on a Tax Return
Tips that have been reported, or not reported, to your employer will go into Box 1 of your W-2; this also includes any non-cash tips like tickets or event passes - simply add the non-cash values to your cash amounts.
You are required to list your tips with wages on the most appropriate tax return for you:
  • Form 1040 - Line 7
  • Form 1040-A - Line 7
  • Form 1040-EZ - Line 1 
  • Form 1040-NR - Line 8 
  • Form 1040-NR-EZ - Line 3
If you’ve received any tips as a self-employer, you must report those as income with Schedule C of Form 1040, Profit or Loss from Business.

Keeping up with your tips can be made simple, but if you find yourself having to backtrack a great deal, why not extend your time to file? With a personal tax extension from ExpressExtension, you can automatically receive six extra months, which you can use to get your tip reports organized.

Our friendly, live e-filing professionals in Rock Hill, South Carolina are more than happy to assist you with your e-filing experience. Feel free to contact us at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. You can even send us a message with our 24/7 email support,

Read More »

IRS Personal Tax Forms

We’ve made it into another tax season, and it’s best to get things started off right and file on-time without any errors. We live in an advanced time where filing electronically has proven to be the most efficient way to report complete and accurate tax returns. With e-filing, errors are minimum, tax credits and deductions are easier to claim, and tax refunds are received more quickly.

If you haven’t yet, get a jump start this season with these tips from the IRS about choosing the right personal tax form to e-file this year!

Form 1040-EZ is typically filed for:
  • Taxable income below $100,000
  • Single or joint filing status
  • No claimed dependents
  • Interest income of $1,500 or less
Fact: If you plan on claiming a premium tax credit, or received advanced payments of a premium tax credit from last year, you’re not eligible to file with Form 1040-EZ.

Form 1040-A may be filed if you have
  • Taxable income below $100,000
  • Capital gain distributions
  • Claims for certain tax credits
  • Claims of adjustment to income for student loan interest or Individual Retirement Account (IRA) contributions
Finally, a Form 1040 must be filed for:
  • Taxable income over $100,000
  • Itemized deduction claims
  • Self-employment income
  • Income from property sales
If you choose to e-file, a paper form isn’t required by the IRS. The deadline for filing personal tax returns this year is April 18, and for those of you who may need more time to file, you can e-file your personal tax extension as easy as possible with ExpressExtension.

With our simple step-by-step e-filing process, you can automatically receive an additional six months to file any of the 1040 forms listed earlier, as well as 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, 1040-PR or 1040-SS.

Our live, US-based e-filing experts are ready to assist you with any questions or issues you may have - so give us a call at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. We also offer 24/7 email support through

Read More »

The Final Countdown: 5 Reasons to E-file Form 7004 with ExpressExtension

This is it people - the final day before the business tax deadline! If you are not yet ready to file your tax return, you must file a business tax extension to avoid any IRS penalties. Tomorrow, March 15, 2016, you’ll have until midnight local time to file for a 5 or 6-month tax extension, depending on your type of business. ExpressExtension is the best online solution for e-filing Form 7004, take a look at how easy our service we can help this tax season!

Simple & Quick
E-filing your Form 7004 with ExpressExtension can be done in less than 10 minutes! All you need to do is create a FREE account, select the extension you need to file, enter the required information (which is your basic business details), and transmit to the IRS - instant tax extension.

Our value-based pricing for e-filing a Form 7004 starts at $14.95. With that, you also have access to our live, US-based customer service line for any questions or assistance you may need with your e-filing experience. You can also contact us through our 24/7 email support, and any rejected form can be re-transmitted at no extra charge.

We also offer selective state extension filing for an additional $1.95, or you can package a business + personal tax extension for only $21.95!

E-file Anywhere at Anytime
With our FREE downloadable Express 7004 app for iOS and Android devices, you can quickly and easily e-file your tax extension wherever you may be. Or you can also e-file through our mobile site on any web-enabled smartphone.

IRS-Approved & Secure
We are certified by the IRS as an authorized e-file provider, and the security of your tax information is of utmost importance to us. Our site is encrypted, Comodo HackerProof certified, and protected by SSL/TLS AES 256 bit Encryption. Your information goes directly to the IRS and no one else. By working closely with the IRS, we offer you a safe, secure, and accurate process that will save you time and money.

Convenient Payment Methods
If you have any estimated taxes due, you can pay with these methods:
  • Direct Debit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) - The IRS will initiate an electronic funds withdrawal from your bank using the bank details that you provide along with e-filing your return.
  • EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) - You’ll need to schedule the EFTPS payment on your own, and you are responsible for timely payment of the taxes. Visit or call 1-800-555-4477 for more information.
  • Check or Money Order - You can also pay tax dues by mailing a check or money order to: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 802503, Cincinnati, OH 45280-2503
Time is quickly winding down, and if you don’t file either your tax return or an extension by the end of tomorrow, you will incur penalties and fees. Our business tax extensions are made easy to e-file, but if you need more help, or have any questions, contact our live, US-based support at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Or send us a message anytime of day with our 24/7 email support at

Read More »

Important Business Deadlines and Extensions

The deadlines for businesses are coming up really soon, and if you still need to get all your information together, you should invest in a business tax extension and receive more time to file. A filing extension is automatic - you get it simply by asking the IRS for it. 

But you must file the request for an extension by the deadline you’re expected to meet for filing your return - not to mention that different types of businesses have different due dates and extension periods. Check the following to see which deadline applies to you.

Calendar Year Partnerships:
  • Tax Deadline: March 15 
  • Extension Period: 6-month automatic extension to September 15 
Fiscal Year Partnerships:
  • Tax Deadline: 15th day of 3rd month after tax year end date 
  • Extension Period: 6-month automatic extension
Calendar-year C-Corporations:
  • Tax Deadline: April 18 
  • Extension Period : 5-month automatic extension to September 15
Fiscal Year C-Corporations:
  • Tax Deadline: 15th day of 4th month after tax year end date
  • Extension Period: 6-month automatic extension
Calendar Year Trusts:
  • Tax Deadline: April 18 
  • Extension Period : 5-month automatic extension to September 15
Fiscal Year Trusts:
  • Tax Deadline: 15th day of 3rd month after year end
  • Extension Period : 5-month automatic extension 
Calendar Year Estates:
  • Tax Deadline: March 15
  • Extension period: 6-month automatic extension to September 15 
Fiscal Year Estates:
  • Tax Deadline: 15th day of 4th month after year end
  • Extension Period: 6-month automatic extension
With Multi-Member LLCs and S-Corporations, the tax deadline is March 15, and the extension period is for 6 months. Each of these business types will need to complete a Form 7004 in order to file an extension - so make sure you have the correct form.

With ExpressExtension, you can have your business tax extension e-filed within minutes. If you can’t make to a computer - that’s no problem. Download our FREE Express 7004 app for iOS and Android devices, and e-file your extension anywhere just as quickly.

Our live, US-based e-filing specialists are available to answer any questions, or offer assistance regarding the e-filing process. Contact us at (803) 514-5515, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. We also offer 24/7 email support with

Read More »

Increasing Online Engagement

One of the most common methods of bringing in new business is to make your service or product more accessible to a wide variety of people. With the inclusion of social media, it’s never been easier to reach and attract more audiences - you just need to know the proper way to utilize your social media presence.

For starters, simply having a social media page won’t bring in a flood of likes, followers, or comments - even if you post on a regular basis. There is a level of personal investment that is required to receive the most from your business’ social media page, and it starts with engaging with the people you’re trying to attract. With these tips, you can increase your social media audiences.

Tip #1 - Use your current clients or customers
What’s better than a satisfied client or customer talking about the pleasant experience they had with your business? There’s nothing wrong with requesting “likes” or feedback on social media from people you’ve already serviced. No need to be nervous - you can ask through signs, a call-to-action on an invoice, or even email.

Tip #2 - Don’t flood with posts

You do want to post on a daily basis, but you should be mindful about how much you post in one day. Social media is exactly how it sounds - “social,” meaning its primary use is for people to interact with others instead of constantly being sold something. Surveys have shown that businesses posting only twice a day had 40% more user engagement than those posting three or more times. However, it’s more about what works for your particular situation - more posts may be necessary depending on the size of your business. But keep in mind the quality of your posts is more important the quantity.

Tip #3 - Ask questions
There’s no better way to start a conversation than to ask a question - even on social media. And the questions don’t necessarily have to be about the service or product your business provides. You can always mention what your business can offer based on the responses you receive. But have fun and be creative with your questions - have followers post a picture or share a story.

Tip #4 - Post shared content
With today’s social media sites, it’s easy to find out what is currently trending at the moment, and you can use that momentum to your advantage. You could post popular and funny memes, or interesting news articles or videos that are creating a buzz. It’s really all up to you on what you repost or share - just be sure it isn’t something that offends or alienates your audiences,

Tip #5 - Post at the right times
No point in posting anything if no one is available to see it, right? That is absolutely correct. There are certain times throughout the day when the majority of people check their social media; an Internet marketing company can help you pinpoint these “peak” times within your audience.

You might be thinking, “It’s social media, they’ll see it eventually if they keep scrolling.” While that may be right, you don’t know how many other stories may catch their attention before they ever get to your post. Posting at an optimum time will greatly increase the chances of having your post seen.

Remember that each situation is different, so get a feel for what works for you and what doesn’t. If you’re only posting announcements and news about your business, you may need to re-evaluate how you use social media. It’s meant to be social, and the goal is to start and engage in conversation.

For more information on how your business can be stronger online, check out our other blog:
Strong Online Presence

We understand how important it is for a small business to build a dedicated audience, and how time consuming that is. So let us help you increase your time to file with a tax extension from ExpressExtension. Our online e-filing solution can get you an automatic business tax extension in minutes - for up to six months! That’s ample time to build a following and remain compliant with the IRS.

Contact our friendly, live professionals in Rock Hill, South Carolina, for any questions or assistance with your e-filing experience. We’re available at (803) 514-5515, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Or email us 24/7 at

Read More »

March Extension Madness

Warmer weather is just beyond the bend with only 17 more days until Spring! It’ll finally be time to shed those winter covers, and take in the burst of freshly bloomed flora. Students are gearing up for Spring Break, sports aficionados are eagerly awaiting the traditional college basketball tournaments, and daylight savings time (March 13) will allow more sunlight during the evening hours.

While there seems to be so much going on in the month of March, the most important of all is the business tax deadline.
Important: The Business tax deadline is Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - that’s less than 2 weeks away!

If you think you’re going to need more time to file, right now is better than ever. ExpressExtension offers a quick and easy online solution to filing your tax extension within minutes. If you’re still not quite sure about e-filing a business tax extension, check out these insightful blogs about how a Form 7004 can benefit you!

Over The Horizon: Business Tax Returns
One of the major tax deadlines that shows up early within the year is for businesses. But there’s no need to stress if you’re not yet ready. ExpressExtension has you covered with our simplified and quick tax extensions.

E-file Form 7004 with ExpressExtension
Even if you have the smallest inkling that you’re not yet prepared for the March 15 IRS deadline, you can benefit greatly from e-filing a Form 7004 through ExpressExtension.

“Only The Facts” Business Tax Extensions
If you’re still figuring out whether or not you want to file an extension, these 10 facts could help with your decision.

Let our cheerful team of e-filing experts, in Rock Hill, South Carolina, add more brightness to your Spring season. We are more than happy to assist you with your e-filing experience. Give us a call at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST for any questions or help. We’re also available 24/7 through our email support at

Read More »

IRS Tax Extension

Support Center

Chat with us