File Form 8809 January By The 31st Deadline, Today!

Oh no, we hope tax season didn’t sneak up on you! We’re well aware that taxes can be a pretty taxing process, and sometimes it’s easier to procrastinate than to face them head on. That’s a dangerous game to play because you could end up missing an important deadline. For example, the tax deadline for W-2s and 1099-MISC is already here, January 31st!

If you aren’t ready to file, don’t panic! Simply file an extension form 8809 before January 31st at midnight!

Extension Form 8809

Form 8809 is here to save the day if you need more time to file your W-2s, ACA information, or information with the IRS. If you catch yourself in a bind, this is the form you need to fill out for 30 extra days to file. It will extend your deadline to file from January 31st to March 2nd!

Now the deadline for extension form 8809 for W-2 and 1099-MISC (NEC) only is January 31st. For forms W-2G, 1094-C, 1095, 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, and 8027 the deadline is March 31st.

It’s important to remember that form 8809 is not an automatic extension. This means that you have to provide the IRS with a valid reason for needing an extension. The acceptable reasons vary from being out of town, being a new business without enough time to file, and more.

If your extension is accepted by the IRS you won’t hear from them. However, if your extension is rejected a notice will be mailed to the person or business entity that filed for the extension.

You should be good to go if your extension is accepted, by the IRS reserves the right to terminate that extension at any time, so keep an eye on your mail. If your extension is terminated you will receive a notice in the mail that’s sent out at least 10 days prior to the extension termination date.

Luckily ExpressExtensions has made it extremely easy to file your extension tax form 8809. Simply create an account and create the form to get started. We will then guide you through the filing process with step by step instructions on what to fill out and how to fill it out. Our process is headache free and only takes a few minutes for you to instantly get your approved 30-day extension.

We will even check over the document for mistakes before it’s submitted to avoid any d’oh moments if your form is rejected for simple issues like putting the wrong year on your form, or if your name is misspelled. Be sure to avoid the hassle of having to fix simple mistakes by taking a minute or two to make sure all of your information is correctly entered before hitting submit.

If your extension form is rejected, don’t worry, we will send you an email letting you know why your form was rejected with instructions on how to fix the error. You can then resubmit your form as many times as you need to for free.

If you can’t file your taxes in time then filing an extension is the way to go, because if you don’t file your taxes or get approved for an extension by the deadline you will receive penalties, late fees, and interest. It’s an expensive mess you can easily avoid with a simple extension.

We’re Here To Help

We’re tax experts at ExpressExtension so you don’t have to be. If you have any questions regarding an extension please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone or email. We will be more than happy to assist you every step of the way to make sure your extension filing process goes as smoothly as possible.
Read More »

Learn About The Changes To Form 7004

The world of business is constantly changing, but no matter how many changes occur, they’ll still have to pay their taxes. However, taxes are constantly changing too. Make sure you stay up to date with your tax information on a yearly basis so you don’t miss out on important changes like when deadlines are due, if extensions become nonautomatic, if penalties for late filing increase, and more.

Changes To Form 7004:

One major change recently put into place is that the deadline for form 7004 has been moved up from April 15th to March 15th. So, to get an extension on filing certain business incomes tax, information, and other returns be sure to have your form turned in by midnight on March 15th.

Also, the IRS will no longer be notifying you if your extension has been approved. They will only notify you if your extension is not approved.

What is Form 7004?

In case you don’t already know form 7004 is the form you fill out to request an automatic extension time to file certain business income tax, information and other returns. A few of the certain businesses include partnerships, multiple member LLCs filing as partnerships, corporations, and s-corporations.

The good news is that form 7004 is automatic, meaning as long as you fill out the paperwork correctly and pay your tentative tax in time then you’ll be granted your extension.

Wait, what, pay a tentative tax? Yes. It’s important to remember that form 7004 extends your time to file your taxes, not to pay them. You’ll need to submit a tentative tax by the March 15th deadline.

A tentative tax is basically the estimated amount you expect your tax bill to be. Some people calculate there’s by referencing how much they paid last year, but since major changes can happen to a business in a year resulting in owing more or less than they did previously, so that’s not always the best way to calculate it. Once you file your taxes you’ll learn if you’ll be refunded for over paying or if you owe more.

Now when it comes to filing your form 7004 line 1A is for an automatic 5-month extension and line 1B is for an automatic 6-month extension.

As mentioned above, you won’t receive notice if your extension is accepted, so if you don’t hear from the IRS game on! However, you will be notified via mail if your extension is not approved. Your notice will be mailed to the person or entity who submitted your 7004 form.

Also, even though the IRS automatically approves form 7004 extensions, they reserve the right to terminate them at any time! If your extension is terminated you’ll receive a notice in the mail that will be sent out at least ten days before the termination date.

How to File Form 7004

Here at ExpressExtension, we can help you with all of your extension filing needs. Simply create an account to get started then select the form you would like to complete. We will help you quickly fill out the form with easy to follow instructions on how to correctly fill it out. We will also notify you about which sections need to be completed.

If your extension form is rejected we will send you an email with details as to why, and how to correct your form. You can then resubmit it as many times as you need for free.

Also, our dedicated support team is here to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact use via phone or email with any questions that you may have.
Read More »

Filing Your W-2s By January 31st

Watch out! The tax season has officially begun and, we’re getting pretty close the January 31st deadline for your W-2s and 1099s. Whether you’re a business or employee trying to complete your taxes in hopes for a nice return, don’t miss the January 31st deadline.

Because taxes can be a little intimidating and confusing at times we’re going to walk you through the W-2 and 1099 forms to let you know why they’re important so you can get on your way to tackling your taxes like a pro.

All About Your W-2

A W-2 is basically the form used by the IRS to collect wage and salary information on employees. It reports the amount of federal, state, and other taxes withheld from paychecks throughout the year. They can’t be transferred between different companies, which is why you receive a W-2 from every place you earned a paycheck during the previous year.

What you may not know is that you actually pay the IRS all year long with your tax withholdings. Your employer completes this process for you in the background and this system was put in place so that people could slowly pay their taxes over time because the majority of people can’t pay the full amount they owe by April 15th.

Your W-2 will allow you to see the amount of withholdings from your check that went to the IRS and you need to subtract that amount from the amount of taxes you owe while filing your federal and state tax returns. Doing so allows you to see if you’ll owe more money, or if you’ll get a return.

Please Note: Only employees receive W-2s, Independent contractors and those who are self-employed receive a form 1099, otherwise known as an earning report.

And Your 1099

The purpose of the form 1099 is to report various different types of income, it isn’t limited to those who are self-employed or independent contractors. There are many different types of form 1099s that cover everything from Acquisition of Abandonment or Secured Property to Social Security Benefit Statements.

Now your employers have to give you your W-2s, but the person who paid you is required to give you your 1099. If you don’t think you’ll receive your form 1099 in time contact the IRS, because the form 1099 lists what is considered to be taxable income. It needs to be filed with your federal and state returns to figure out the amount of money you owe the IRS, or the find out the amount you’ll receive as a tax return.

If You Need More Time

If you’ve found yourself in a quite the pickle and can’t file your W-2S or 1099s right now you can file an extension for them.

Simply file a form 8809. However, keep in mind that form 8809 isn’t an automatic extension. You’ll have to provide a valid reason to the IRS for needed an extension that the IRS may or may not approve.

If your extension is approved you’ll won’t hear anything from the IRS and you’ll have 30 extra days to file your W-2s and 1099s. However, this isn’t an extension on paying your taxes, just for filing them, so be sure to pay a tentative tax, or expected amount of money you owe to the IRS before the January 31st deadline.

E-file with ExpressExtensions

ExpressExtensions provides a convenient location for your to file form 8809 and others online. We have step by step instructions you can follow to correctly file your extensions and will send you an email if the IRS rejects your extension with notes on how to correct your form. Plus, you can contact our dedicated support team with any questions that you may have.
Read More »

Installment Plans Solve The Inability To Pay Taxes

Taxes come every year, and like the in-laws, can’t be avoided forever. Even if you file an extension to file your taxes later, they can’t be put off forever. You’ll still have to file them.

However, even though you can get an extension for filing your taxes, you can’t get an extension for paying your taxes. They have to be paid for by your original tax filing deadline or you will face penalties and high-interest rates.

So, if you can’t pay your taxes up front, don’t ignore them, because you could sink yourself into an even worse financial situation. Even if the tax is tentative, it’s best to go ahead and pay it.

Note: A tentative tax is the estimated amount that your tax bill will be. It could end up being more or less than you owe. Tentative taxes are estimated before any credits are taken into account to increase the amount owed. Many business owners use the amount that they paid their prior year as their tentative tax estimate.

This brings us to the burning question, what do you do if you simply cannot pay your taxes? One solution is to look into getting an installment plan.

Installment Plans

Basically, an installment plan is an agreement you make with the IRS in order to pay off your taxes in agreed upon monthly installments until the total amount you owe in taxes has been paid off.

The IRS understands that not everyone can pay the amount of taxes they owe before their deadline and usually offer reasonable monthly rates. If you owe less than 25k you can get an individual installment agreement, which will work with you to find the monthly rate you can afford.

If you owe more than 50k you’ll have a monthly rate to pay off that’s set by the IRS and your lines of credit, assets, monthly income, monthly expenses, and employment will be taken into consideration. Your property could be seized by the U.S. government with the inability to pay off your installment plan.

You’re encouraged to pay as much as you can because the faster you pay off your taxes the better. Installment plans do come with high rates of interest, so they are often better used as a short-term solution and should be avoided in the long-term.

Also, put as much as you can towards the amount of taxes you owe before setting up an installment plan in order to get a lower monthly rate.

You may be encouraged to pay your taxes upfront with a credit card because credit cards offer lower interest rates, and sometimes depending on how much you owe, lower monthly rates.

Plus, you may have a longer amount of time to pay off your credit card debt. Oftentimes, installment plans come with inflexible deadlines, and you don’t want to default on your monthly payments.

With a credit card, you can pay your taxes upfront, to avoid owing the IRS money over time. Also, you’ll owe the credit card company instead of the IRS, so the collectors coming after you on that debt may be a little gentler, even if your credit score takes a hit, which could happen either way.

We suggest seeking the help of a CPA or tax professional to find the best option for you if you can’t pay your taxes. They will negotiate with the IRS for you to find to get the best installment plan possible for your situation.

ExpressExtension is Here to Help

If you need to file an extension for filing your taxes ExpressExtension makes it easy to do, in a matter of minutes. We have the forms you need online with step by step instructions on how to fill them out. If you have any questions feel free to contact our outstanding support team.

Also, if you have any information regarding installment plans or personal experiences with them to share please add your comments to the section below.
Read More »

Valid Reasons For Filing a Tax Extension

Tax deadlines are the same day every year unless pushed back a day or two for a holiday, but for some reason, the deadlines still sneak up on us. What do you do when taxes seem to come out of nowhere? Do you start frantically digging through piles of paperwork and lose sleep to get everything prepared in time? We hope not, because you can file an extension.

An Extension

If you need a little more time to prepare for your taxes, simply file an extension. Depending on the form you can get between 30 extra days to 6 months to file your taxes. However, it important to know if your extension is automatic or not.

Some forms like the 8868, are automatic, meaning you don’t have to provide a reason for filing the extension. As long as you complete and correctly file the proper paperwork in time then your extension will be automatically approved.

Other forms like the 8809 do not have automatic extensions. This means that you have to provide a valid reason for needed a tax extension that will either be approved or disapproved by the IRS.

If your extension is approved by the IRS you won’t hear from them. However, if your extension isn’t approved you’ll be notified via mail. A letter will be sent to you or the entity that filed the extension.

Also, even when the IRS approves extensions, automatically or not, they reserve the right to terminate the extension at any time. If the IRS chooses to terminate your extension you’ll be notified via mail and the extension notice will be mailed out at least 10 days prior to the termination date.

REMEMBER: Extensions don’t give you extended time to pay your taxes. They only extend the amount of time you have to file them.

Valid Reasons For Extensions

Now that you know more or less what an extension is, let’s go over a few reasons the IRS deems valid for them.

You might have missing or incorrect information. During tax time papers circulate around the office and become mixed in various piles. You may be waiting to get your W2 from your employer, or you may be waiting for your employees so they can tell you if their information on them is correct or not.

Oftentimes financial institutions send out 1099’s to their clients to report interest or dividends, and a majority of these forms get returned either late, or inaccurate information. So, if you finding yourself waiting on information, missing information, or you already know that corrections will be made then file an extension.

You schedule might get busy and something may have bad timing. For example, life doesn’t stop for taxes, even if the IRS thinks it does. That’s why if you find yourself busy with the birth of a child, loss of a loved one, buying or selling a house, with a sudden illness, busy during the peak season for your sales, or busy putting a lot of time in your new business trying to grow it then you’ve got yourself a valid reason for a tax extension.

Maybe you’ve found yourself out of time for the tax season. A lot of people travel for business and a few people like to enjoy early spring vacations around April 15th when tax returns are due. The IRS gets it. While you’re away you might not have access to important documents you need to file and you might not want to e-file. Simply file for an extension. 

If You Can’t Pay…

Unfortunately, being unable to pay for your taxes isn’t a valid reason for an extension. Payments or due regardless if you have an extension or not by the IRS deadline. However, if you can’t afford your taxes you can get an installment plan.

Installment plans are plans agreed upon by the IRS to let you pay for taxes in monthly installments until they’re paid off. However, you’ll still face penalties for paying late, and there will be interest on the amount you owe.

It’s actually oftentimes much cheaper and better to simply pay your taxes with a credit card before they’re due.

If you find yourself in a situation where you absolutely need an installment plan the IRS is flexible and will work with you on the lowest rate you can afford, even though it’s best to pay the amount you owe as quickly as possible. Also, you’ll receive less interest if you can pay off your installment plan within 120 days. 

ExpressExtensions Is Here To Help

We will help you quickly e-file for tax extensions online. Our system provides step by step instructions to help you easily fill out the extension form that you need, and we will notify you via email if the IRS rejects your form.

Also, our outstanding support team is always here to answer any questions that you may have. Contact us via phone Monday - Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 803.514.5155. We also offer 24/7 email support at
Read More »

Remember, Form 7004 Comes With Tentative Taxes

Hey business owners, don’t stress out, but tax time is here again! We know, it always seems like there is something due right around the corner, especially when you’re at your busiest time of year. If you don't have all of your receipts, records in order, or just generally find yourself too busy to file taxes right now, you’re in luck because we can help you file a Form 7004.

Form 7004

Form 7004 is an IRS tax form for the application of the automatic extension for filing certain business income tax, information, and other returns. It can be filed for businesses, corporations, certain trusts, and partnerships.

Since the form is automatic then the form is automatically accepted. This is a relief because other nonautomatic forms require you to give a valid reason for your extension that has to be approved by the IRS. You won’t hear from the IRS if your extension is approved.

However, even though the form is automatically accepted by the IRS they reserve the right to terminate your extension at any time. If they choose to terminate your extension you, the person, or the entity that filed for the extension for your business will be notified via mail. The notice will be mailed out at least 10 days prior to the termination date given.

- To file for a five-month extension file form 1a.
- To file for a six-month extension file form 1b.

Remember, your form 7004 must be filed by the time that your business tax return is due. For example, form 1120 is due by March 15th, so to get an extension on it you’ll need to file your form 7004 by March 15th. Otherwise, you may face fines and penalties.

PLEASE NOTE: Now we can’t stress this enough, it’s extremely important to remember that the 7004 only gives you an extension on filing your taxes, not paying for them. You have to pay a tentative tax by March 15th.

A tentative tax is an estimate of the amount of that your tax bill will be. It could end up being more or less. Tentative taxes are calculated before credits are taken into account which could increase or decrease the amount owed. Most people just use the same amount that they paid last year. 

Filing Your Form 7004 With ExpressExtensions

It’s extremely easy to file your form 7004 electronically with ExpressExtensions. We make the process headache free, and it can be completed in a matter of minutes after you create your ExpressExtensions account.

Once you select “Create New Extension” You can follow simple instructions to fill out your form 7004. All you’ll need is your:

- Business Name
- Address
- Tax-ID/EIN
- And Tentative tax.

Once that information is correctly filled in we will handle the rest. Although, you do need to make sure that your information matches what the IRS has and you can do that by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.

Click submit and you’re done. If the IRS rejects your form for any reason we will email you with instructions on how to correct the issue then you can resubmit your form for free, as many times as you need.

Contact Us With Your Questions

We know that taxes can be confusing with numbers, letters, due dates, and more. Luckily for you, we’re tax pros, and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions over the phone Monday - Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 803.514.5155. We also offer 24/7 email support at
Read More »

Small Businesses Do Know Your Tax Deductions?

Whoa, 2017 got here fast, and now that the holidays are over it’s really sinking in. Instead of just thinking in terms of a new year meaning a new you, it should also mean a new business. It’s time to grow and prosper more than ever. One simple way to boost your business is to save money where you can, and that can be done by taking advantage of a few small business tax deductions that most people don’t know about.

What Are Deductibles?

Deductibles are what you’re allowed to deduct from taxable income when you’re calculating how much income tax you have due. If used correctly they basically reduce the amount of taxes you owe to the government. Unfortunately, most people don’t know about deductions and write offs they can claim and end up paying more than they have to.

Small Business Deductibles


You’ve probably heard a business person boasting about writing a meal off at some point in your life because they can. However, in most instances, meals are only covered up to 50% and in some cases, they are actually covered 100%.

When eating out for strictly business reasons like to wine and dine a client keep important records of who you were with, when, why, and where, because the IRS can reject this deductible to prevent people from getting lavish meals every time, and to stop bosses from taking the same coworker out to lunch multiple times a week.

Now, meals are fully covered if they’re to benefit your team. You can provide coffee for your team and the occasional lunch or dinner to say a good job. This is slightly off topic, but you can even give your employees gifts and deduct the costs, up to $25 per person.


Of course, business trips are deductible. The costs of travel, meals, and lodging are deductible, and in some cases so are the vehicles.

If you use a car, truck, or small van for your business keep track of the mileage, gas, oil changes, parking fees, insurance, and maintenance costs because they can all be deducted.

However, keep in mind that these costs can only be deducted when used for business purposes. Your daily commute isn’t included!

Rent & Utilities

If you have a business you need a place to put it. That’s a fact. Once you place it in an office building, store front, factory, or any other type of facility you can deduct the rent! Also, you can deduct the cost of maintenance and insurance on the space.

Here’s a fun fact, you might even be able to deduct your cost of moving when changing business spaces. Just make sure to properly file the paperwork, and remember that the new location must be at least fifty miles away from the old one.

If you rent any equipment, or if you’re leasing to own any equipment the costs of those items can be deducted as well.

There are basic necessities to keep a business running, right? You know like electricity, water, gas, phones, and internet? They’re very important these days, that’s why they’re deductible. Although, keep in mind that items like phones must be used for business purposes only. Records of who you call will show if you’ve been making personal calls or not.

This isn’t necessarily a utility, but buildings need to be cleaned, and workplaces need to be sanitary, which is why cleaning products that your cleaning staff uses can be counted as deductibles. 


You know those people who work for you and make it possible for your business to succeed? They provide you with some deductibles. For example, their wages count as deductibles. Even if you have a contractor or a freelancer, whatever you pay them can be deducted.

Employee benefit plans such as education or training for licenses count as deductibles, as well as retirement plans.

When is comes to health insurance small businesses might qualify to claim a tax credit for up to 50% of insurance premiums on each employee. However, if you’re self-employed you can apply for a deduction on your personal tax return, not your businesses. 

Claim Those Deductibles!

It’s a new year, and it’s time to take your business to new levels of success. Start by finding savings wherever you can, even with tax deductibles. You may be eligible for tons of deductibles that you may not even know about. This is where an accountant or certified professional can help.

Also, the ExpressExtension team is always here to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us over the phone Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 803.514.5155. We also offer 24/7 email support at
Read More »

Prepare For The Changes Coming to Form 8809

Happy new year, again. We’re sure you’ve been hearing that a lot lately, as we’re officially a few days into 2017. Remember the tax season in 2016? We hope it wasn’t stressful for you, and thank you for filing with us if you did.

As we bring in the new year we also bring in a new tax year, which unfortunately isn’t too exciting unless you’re an accountant. However, it’s important to keep in mind that with the new year comes tax changes, so whether you’re excited about taxes or not, please keep note of what’s new or different.

One form that has made some notable changes is the form 8809.

What is the form 8809?

We’re glad you asked, that’s an easy question for us to answer. Form 8809 is the information return tax extension form for employers who need more time to file their 1099s, W-2s, or ACA forms with the IRS.

For whatever reason, if you’re really busy, or just planning in advance to file a little later then the form 8809 is your go to for an extension.

In order to get your 30-day extension, you must have your form 8809 correctly filled out and submitted to the IRS by the due date of the file you’re trying to get an extension on. Keep in mind that you’ll now have to provide a valid reason for your extension.

Please remember that the extension only grants you 30 extra days. You’ll still be responsible for filing your taxes. If your extension has not been approved and you file your taxes late, or don’t file them at all you could be subject to fines and penalties.

So, What’s Changed Regarding the Form 8809?

Ah, another good question! In 2017 the IRS will only allow employers to file a single 30-day extension for the w2 series, and the extension will not be automatic. Meaning that instead of your form 8809 being automatically approved for being turned in on time, you’ll have to provide a valid reason for needing an extension, and it will need to be approved by the IRS. However, these changes may not go into effect until the 2018 season.

Currently, if you need more time to file your 1099s or W-2s, you can file an 8809 for an automatic extension. You can also file for a second 30-day extension but you will need a valid reason for this extension and it must be approved by the IRS.

Now the removal of the automatic 30-day extension comes with good reason, it’s not a willy-nilly decision. It’s to make W-2 forms available earlier in the system in order to more easily detect identity theft and refund fraud. 

Also, the W-2 filing penalties have changed:

You’ll now receive a $50 penalty per W-2 if the forms are filed late within 30 days of the due date. The maximum penalty is now $532,000 per year and $186,000 for small businesses.

You’ll receive a $100 penalty per W-2 if the forms are filed over 30 days past the due date, but are filed before August 1st. The maximum penalty is $3,193,000 per year and $532,000 for small businesses.

You’ll receive a $260 penalty per form if you file after August 1st, and don’t file corrections, or don’t file the required forms. The maximum penalty is $3,193,000 per year, and $1,064,000 for small businesses.

You’ll receive a $530 penalty per form if the failure to file is due to intentional disregard with no maximum penalty, even for small businesses.

PLEASE NOTE: Your 1099s, W-2s, and ACA forms are now due by January 31st, so your form 8809 to get an extension on these forms needs to be filed by January 31st.

Stay Up To Date With ExpressExtension

We’re here to help! We will be more than happy to answer your questions via phone Monday-Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 803.514.5155, with 24/7 email support at Also, be sure to keep checking back for our updates and changes made to tax filing extensions made by the IRS.
Read More »

Important Details Regarding Extension Form 8868

With the new year comes new tax seasons. Ready or not, it’s time to file. Luckily, you can file an extension for your forms 990, 7004, 4868, and more to give you more time to get all of your tax documents in order. Today we're looking at everything you need to know for the extension form 8868.

All About Your Form 8868.

First of all, form 8868 is the extension organization tax extension form for nonprofits, charities, and other tax-exempt groups applying for an extension up to 6 months.

This extension is used when nonprofit groups need more time before filing their form 990, which is return of organization exempt from income tax form. It’s used by the government in order to make sure that nonprofit organizations and charities aren’t taking advantage of or abusing their exempt status.

Keep in mind that there are different form 990s

When you file for an extension the first time you’ll automatically receive an extension for 3 months. Because the extension is automatic, you don’t need to give a reason as to why you need the extension. Simply file the extension in time in order to gain the extension.

Now if you want to file a second extension, you can only do so if you properly filed your first extension in time. So, unfortunately, if you missed the deadline, don’t even think about it. Also, the second deadline isn’t automatic, so you’ll have to provide a valid reason for needing another extension.

What You Need To File Your Form 8868

No worries, filing your form 8868 is a quick and simple process. All you need is your:

- Organization name
- Address
- EIN/Tax-ID
- Tax year period
- And which form 990 you typically file.

However, keep in mind that this information needs to match the information that the IRS has on record. To verify that your information matches simply give the IRS a call at 1-877-829-5500.

Taxes can be intimidating, with the confusion of what to file, when, where, and how. That’s why ExpressExtension makes it a priority to simplify the process for you.

Filing With ExpressExtension

When you want to file a form 8868 then going to ExpressExtension is the right place to do so, because all you have to do is spend a moment creating an account to get started. Then click on ‘Create Form Org Extension” from the dashboard and you’ll be taken to the screen with the form 8868 for you to fill out.

We won’t leave you hanging because we provide step by step instructions on how to fill the form out. We even will notify you if check boxes or fields are left unchecked or empty. Your form will also be scanned for errors and mistakes.

Once submitted to the IRS you should quickly receive your IRS confirmation via email. You’ll receive confirmations faster during the peak season.

Also, if the IRS rejects your extension you’ll be sent an email with details as to why, with instructions on how to correct the issue. All you will need to do is log into your ExpressExtension account and make the correction. You can then retransmit your form as many times as you need for free.

We Are Always Here To Help

You don’t have to figure out your taxes on your own. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our outstanding support team. We’re available Monday-Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST on the phone at 803.514.5155, with 24/7 email support at
Read More »

IRS Tax Extension

Support Center

Chat with us