Happy Halloween from ExpressExtension.com!

They say that today is the scariest day of the year – when the ghouls, goblins, and ghosts appear. You may also run across a handful of princesses, superheroes, and the occasional celebrity look-a-like. It’s Halloween!
And while your day may be filled with fright, the real terror is going into a tax season unprepared.
With ExpressExtension.com, you can be at ease with IRS deadlines and avoid late filing penalties by e-filing tax extensions directly to the IRS. The process is quick and straightforward, and you can transmit and get approved in minutes. In most cases, you won’t need an explanation for extending your due date, and we offer various extension forms based on the annual tax returns you usually file.

IRS Form 7004
Form 7004 is a business tax extension for Multi-Member LLCs, C-Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, and Estates. You should e-file it before the March 15 deadline to extend your filing date up to six months depending on the type of business and tax form you typically file.

You’ll need your basic company information such as business name, address, and tax identification number – make sure those details are current and match exactly what the IRS has on record for your company. You can reach the IRS at 800.829.4933 to verify your business info.

IRS Form 4868
Form 4868 is a personal tax extension for individual or joint taxpayers requesting an extra six months to file income tax returns. You’re responsible for submitting the form by April 15, and you also need to provide an accurate estimate of any taxes you’ll owe for the filing year.

The form requires your personal information like your full name, address, and social security number. If the extension is for a joint return, you’ll also need the same information for your spouse. You can confirm your information with the IRS at 800.829.1040.

IRS Form 8868
Form 8868 is a tax extension specifically for nonprofits, charities, and other tax-exempt groups. The form grants extra filing time for up to six months and is made up of two parts:

  • Part I – Automatic 3-Month Extension
  • Part II – Additional, Not-Automatic 3-Month Extension

With the first part, all you need is your basic organization details such as the name, address, and employer identification number. You should also know your organization’s tax year period and which 990 form you usually file every year. E-filing the second part requires IRS approval of Part I and a valid reason for the additional time. You can contact the IRS about your exemption status and information at 877.829.5500.

Important: Tax extensions can only extend your time to file annual tax returns. They cannot extend the time to pay any tax amounts – you must pay those by the original IRS due date.

Tax season does not have to be a screaming nightmare. Extend your deadline with a quick e-file from ExpressExtension.com. Our U.S. – based, e-file professionals are available for questions about the streamlined filing process – call us at 803.514.5515 or send an email to [email protected].

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *