Today is “Deadline Day” for exempt organizations! If you haven’t gotten around to filing your tax-exempt return with the IRS, you still have until Midnight local time to file either your 990 series form or IRS Form 8868
to extend your due date.
For those of you who have yet to start filling out IRS Form 990/990-EZ
, your best option is to e-file Part I of Extension Form 8868
– it’ll give you an automatic 3-month extension to file your return while also avoiding any late-filing IRS penalties. ExpressExtension.com
makes tax extensions as easy as can be. You’ll create a FREE account on our site and quickly file with these steps:
- Click “Create Exempt Organization Tax Extension”
- Enter your Organization’s Details
- Select your Tax Year Period
- Choose which Extension Form you need (Part I)
- Pick which tax return you regularly file (990/990-EZ, 990-PF, 990-T, etc.)
- Authorize and transmit to the IRS
You can also e-file an extension form with our affiliate site, ExpressTaxExempt.com – that way, you have access to your 8868 and 990/990-EZ with just one account. You can even file your extension wherever you are with our FREE downloadable ExpressTaxExempt – Form 8868 app for iOS and Android devices. For even more information about successfully e-filing tax-exempt forms and extensions, take look at some of our other blogs:
It’s still not too late to e-file your extension today – even if it’s 11:50 p.m., you can still transmit and be approved within 10 minutes. Our live e-filing experts in Rock Hill, South Carolina are ready to assist you with anything you need during the e-filing process. Call our support line at (803) 514-5155, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. We also offer after-hours help with support@ExpressExtension.com.